submitted by JalelTounsi to ethfinance [link] [comments]
1. BreakoutBreakout strategies center around when the price clears a specified level on your chart, with increased volume. The breakout trader enters into a long position after the asset or security breaks above resistance. Alternatively, you enter a short position once the stock breaks below support.
After an asset or security trades beyond the specified price barrier, volatility usually increases and prices will often trend in the direction of the breakout.
You need to find the right instrument to trade. When doing this bear in mind the asset’s support and resistance levels. The more frequently the price has hit these points, the more validated and important they become.
Entry PointsThis part is nice and straightforward. Prices set to close and above resistance levels require a bearish position. Prices set to close and below a support level need a bullish position.
Plan your exitsUse the asset’s recent performance to establish a reasonable price target. Using chart patterns will make this process even more accurate. You can calculate the average recent price swings to create a target. If the average price swing has been 3 points over the last several price swings, this would be a sensible target. Once you’ve reached that goal you can exit the trade and enjoy the profit.
2. ScalpingOne of the most popular strategies is scalping. It’s particularly popular in the forex market, and it looks to capitalise on minute price changes. The driving force is quantity. You will look to sell as soon as the trade becomes profitable. This is a fast-paced and exciting way to trade, but it can be risky. You need a high trading probability to even out the low risk vs reward ratio.
Be on the lookout for volatile instruments, attractive liquidity and be hot on timing. You can’t wait for the market, you need to close losing trades as soon as possible.
3. MomentumPopular amongst trading strategies for beginners, this strategy revolves around acting on news sources and identifying substantial trending moves with the support of high volume. There is always at least one stock that moves around 20-30% each day, so there’s ample opportunity. You simply hold onto your position until you see signs of reversal and then get out.
Alternatively, you can fade the price drop. This way round your price target is as soon as volume starts to diminish.
This strategy is simple and effective if used correctly. However, you must ensure you’re aware of upcoming news and earnings announcements. Just a few seconds on each trade will make all the difference to your end of day profits.
4. ReversalAlthough hotly debated and potentially dangerous when used by beginners, reverse trading is used all over the world. It’s also known as trend trading, pull back trending and a mean reversion strategy.
This strategy defies basic logic as you aim to trade against the trend. You need to be able to accurately identify possible pullbacks, plus predict their strength. To do this effectively you need in-depth market knowledge and experience.
The ‘daily pivot’ strategy is considered a unique case of reverse trading, as it centers on buying and selling the daily low and high pullbacks/reverse.
5. Using Pivot PointsA day trading pivot point strategy can be fantastic for identifying and acting on critical support and/or resistance levels. It is particularly useful in the forex market. In addition, it can be used by range-bound traders to identify points of entry, while trend and breakout traders can use pivot points to locate key levels that need to break for a move to count as a breakout.
Calculating Pivot PointsA pivot point is defined as a point of rotation. You use the prices of the previous day’s high and low, plus the closing price of a security to calculate the pivot point.
Note that if you calculate a pivot point using price information from a relatively short time frame, accuracy is often reduced.
So, how do you calculate a pivot point?
ApplicationWhen applied to the FX market, for example, you will find the trading range for the session often takes place between the pivot point and the first support and resistance levels. This is because a high number of traders play this range.
It’s also worth noting, this is one of the systems & methods that can be applied to indexes too. For example, it can help form an effective S&P day trading strategy
6. Moving Average CrossoverYou will need three moving average lines:
So, You’ll open a position when the moving average line crosses in one direction and you’ll close the position when it crosses back the opposite way.
How can you establish there’s definitely a trend? You know the trend is on if the price bar stays above or below the 100-period line.
the source : https://www.daytrading.com/strategies
Why You Should Use the Weekly Time Frame in Forex Trading . The most effective, profitable, and powerful tool you can use to trade Forex is to pay attention to whether or not there is a long-term trend or range in any currency pairs or crosses, especially the major pairs; and if so, in which direction that trend is going. Then, make sure that you trade in the same direction as that trend, or ... As a trader, you have probably heard the old adage that it is best to "trade with the trend."The trend, say all the pundits, is your friend.This is sage advice as long as you know and can accept ... The count back line is used to select the better entry points once we have received trend change signals from other sources. It is a tool that is used within the context of a previous selection. The count back line is used to create a short term hurdle which must be overcome before we can have any confidence of a likelihood of a trend change. It consists of four applications. Count Back Line Indicator Mt4. mirror trading signal provider market session hours horizontally mt4 indicator mini swing trading signals metatrader mt4 signals market profile mt4 indicator download most profitable forex indicator mt4 market level indicator mt4 matt golden trading signals mentor. Save Image. Cup Handle Pattern Stock Dcm. Save Image. Tired Of Plotting Support And Resistance ... count — Check out the trading ideas, strategies, opinions, analytics at absolutely no cost! — Indicators and Signals Since currency pairs remain within a range bound or consolidation phase most of the time, and the market trends only about 20 percent to 30 percent of the time, finding an established trend to trade pullbacks in can be a challenging task.. As a Forex trader when you are trying to apply a pullback trading strategy, you need to act like a sniper. The rule here is simple. You should hold your trade until the price action during the correction touches the general trend line. You should close your trade once this occurs. Counter Trend Trading Strategy. Now that we have covered all five steps for trading counter trend price moves, let’s now go through a real-life trading example.
[index]          
In video 7, Joshua Martinez goes over counter trend line breaks and how they can dictate short term market movement. The counter trend line concept is built ... Forex Trading: Counter-Trend Trade Empowered. Loading... Unsubscribe from Trade Empowered? ... 95% Winning Forex Trading Formula - Beat The Market Maker📈 - Duration: 37:53. TRADE ATS 939,168 ... The candlestick count confluence trade method is a great way to add the probability of a successful trade at a supply/demand zone or support/resistance level. Not only do I explain how this method ... How Does the Counter Trendline Break Strategy Work http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/academy/Spread-betting-trends.html PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE THIS VIDE... Get more information about IG US by visiting their website: https://www.ig.com/us/future-of-forex Get my trading strategies here: https://www.robbooker.com C... In this video we show you the BEST trend line trading strategy that NO ONE talks about. Trend lines and combining them with price action as part of your trad... Markets huge trend trading day!! ***FREE DEMO Click below - Watch this Video to learn the #1 method on trend trading. Works on all Markets. Forex, Futures, and Stocks. Watch professional trend ...